Mountain Weather

Mew left with a car-full o' pals for camping in the mountains while bright-eyes and I decided to go pick up groceries. The sun was out, a few clouds loitered in the sky, but there was some rumbling in the distance, so we made sure all the windows at home were closed.

After meandering around the isles and bumping into bright-eyes a few times, distracted by all the pretty colors and jars, until she subtly suggested I get my butt in front where I would be less dangerous, we made it to checkout and pushed our cart toward the big exit ---which was crowded with people who didn't want to leave the store.

Suspecting roving gangs of girl-scouts, with cookies in one hand and the leash of their Dobermans in the other, imagine my surprise to see a somewhat less probable turn of events and this (click image to see actual size):


Sheets of marble sized hail had the entire parking lot in a vicious cross-fire. So, figuring it would be over in about 15 minutes, I lounged back against the wall and read the classifieds for used cars. I watched with amusement as one little native girl ingeniously picked up a shopping hand-basket and flipped it on top of her head and waded out into the storm. After about 10 minutes it had settled down and the rest of us made a break for it. And that's all I have to say about that.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:03 PM

    My goodness, that would be worse than sitting on a golf course. At least those guys miss once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many of those handheld shopping basket that gal has snuck out one way or another.

    Meanwhile here in Oklahoma we were enjoying a nice summer day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment