Mangosteen

Before following up on the previous thread, thought I'd mention this. Went out today to eat some fast-food gourmet chinese (Panda) which is actually pretty good. Bright-eyes was a little suspicious at first, but think she agreed with me later. Afterwards we hit Costco where she was going to pickup a big bag of peanuts for little furies that live in our backyard (and crows, which seem to like peanuts after they figure out how to eat them, i.e. dip them in water. And actually, BlueJays, which seem to the be the smartest species of the lot.)

In Costco I usually just wander around sampling foods and imagining various uses for the the oversized quantities of foodstuffs (bathtub full of cheetos? Would that work as a tanning solution? Putting that industrial size bag of popcorn in a dumpster on a hot day?) Today I meandered over into the vitamins section and spotted a large bottle of Thai Mangosteen. Now this stuff isn't easy to come by, so I was a little surprised and snatched it up along with a barrel of chewable vitamin c and headed back to the cashier where Bright-eyes was already done. She humored me as I waited in line again to procure my new found treasure. The stuff tastes pretty good. It's way pulpy. But after digging around a bit, found some interesting research on it. For you brave souls trying fish oil, this may be another experiment worth pursuing.

Anti-inflammatory (stronger than indomethacin), anti-microbial (against viruses, bacteria and fungi), anti-tumor (tested successfully against six chemotherapy agents), anti-aging, anti-fatigue, potent antioxidant effect, anti-atherosclerotic, antihistimine and the list goes on...

Comments

  1. I will definitely try this. Pretty soon there will be so many pills in my tummy I won't have to eat so much, dream on huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next thing you'll discover is that you can get a compound called panaceaand it truly is the only gelcap a person could need or want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that stuff is more like pulpy juice than a pill. But unlike any kinda of juice you've ever tasted; although you'll still probably recognize it as a "fruit." But I think your space pills that replace food is still a few years away marbella :-)

    And as for panacea...was that supposed to be a link to somewhere? Like the explanation of Panacea as the Greek goddess of healing, along with her sister Hygeia (Hygiene) and the one we never hear about, "laso" the goddess of recovery. Which makes me curious now why we have methods for healing and hygiene but recovery is sort of play it by ear (i.e. get lotsa sleep maybe your body will fix itself?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it was supposed to go to a dictionary def. of panacea, but at the time it was written, I'm amazed it was written at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if we're picking words like candy I'd pick cornucopia over panacea ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment