Changing Seasons

Well, it's all quiet in bloggerville, and fall is almost upon us ---my favorite time of the year. I like the cool nights after a hot summer, the crisp air, the sounds of autumn insects; it's always seemed like a great time for new beginnings. Probably should have been born in Australia, I guess. But I got no complaints.

Bright-eyes is off blogging in another language, the chilipeppers are back to their school routines and I'm slowly waking up from my summer hibernation and getting ready to tackle new projects.

And this is where you come in, dear readers. I spent much of today crafting a special experience using brain entrainment frequencies. Patterns of sound that alter your state of mind. The experiment was to create a sequence that would sweep through ranges from the somnambulistic to the mystically ecstatic. It's designed to counteract ruts of thinking and stimulate a type of freshness and pleasure that revitalizes the mind, and I was pleased with the results. You can play it below. You'll need headphones though, and 30 minutes, for the full experience. It works best if you just close your eyes and see where it takes you. It's like sending your brain to a spa, it will come back all sparkly. Fish oil optional. Enjoy! (You may need to click the play button twice.)

Comments

  1. well it sent me straight into dream land. I will have to try it again later. When I awakened it was over and I only heard about 3/4 of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love adventurous souls! You may be interested in why it does that. The brain has this curious property they discovered in EEG and fRMI research: it has what's called a frequency following response to auditory or visual stimuli that falls within the range of its normal frequencies.

    This is why a fireplace is so hypnotic, it's flickering at about the rate of alpha/theta frequencies which are dominant when the brain is relaxed and dreamy. They found that shamanic drumbeats, which they use to enter trance states, occur in the theta ranges as well, normally associated with submerged mental imagery.

    The "experiment" ramps up from low to high to "catch" whatever dominant frequency you happen to be in and then pulls it down to theta/delta. The stage that people spend most of their deep sleep cycles in. Then ramps it back up to caffeine levels :-)

    I won't go all geeky describing the other stuff on that track, but will mention that it also disassociates the two hemispheres of the brain intermittently to help break up conditioned patterns and let new things form.

    A neat way to "experiment with the experiment" is, since you know it will be taking you down to a deep, usually unconscious state, try hanging on so you are conscious when you get there. Interesting things can happen then :-)

    (Because it does start and end with high stimulation, it's best NOT to use this later in the evening or night-time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "try hanging on so you are conscious when you get there" story of my life in a nutshell.

    dadgum 14kbs download, I can't even go to the spa with my MIND.
    :<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ger-beans, you can download it here directly so you can try it on your computer offline. Just start the download before you go to bed, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment