874s With No Hair?!

You may get the impression, from these limited postings in bloggerville, that all I'm up to is dreaming. Let me assure you that I have a bazillion other projects going on, but somehow dream related stuff just bubbles its way here in the margins.

The last week or so, one of my projects has been refining a CD that I listen to before going to sleep each night. I'm on revision 13 now. Kept tweaking the frequencies and backgrounds and started to add suggestions to see if I could coax my mind into better recall of dreams. At first I started with a simple suggestion, "I will remember my dreams." Inserted it in a part of the CD where I'd be drifting off (around theta/delta frequences) some 11 minutes in. Then looped it a few times. Had a few issues with volume control in the first versions and it jolted me back awake. After getting that little glitch worked out, I realized there were some problems with the wording. The unconscious seems to be fairly literal. And lazy. And I did remember my dreams very well, just not very long. Which defeats the purpose. So I tweaked the suggestion. It started working better, but the repetition proved annoying. All right, I'll remember my dreams already, shudddup!

So my latest version I made it more like a hypnotic session. No repetition but phrases like "My memory of dreams and all of the details gets better and better each day. Upon awakening, I am able to recall the images, sounds and feelings I experience in my dreams..." yada yada. And this has worked very well indeed. Another week and I'll start phase 2, which is inducing lucidity in dreams.

However...remembering dreams this way is a little different from what one may "naturally" remember. You get "housekeeping" stuff which doesn't hang together, especially in the earlier dreams of the night, the ones that are typically long forgotten and replaced by the more extended dreams toward the morning. The longer ones we usually remember, unless the early ones are scary, and wake us up in the middle of the night. But I also started noticing some themes connecting dreams. One night all the themes seem to happen in the context of a certain game. And I was gnome. Dammit. Not that I have anything against gnomes ya understand (other than their laughter is a little odd.)

And sometimes the theme would be a bizarre image. Like this morning... about the 2nd dream/rem period I was on a ranch run by Tommy Lee Jones. Occassionally actors moonlight in my dreams. But the ranch didn't have cows, instead they had hairless bears. Lots of hairless bears. In corrals, running down chutes. It was a dude ranch, but I couldn't figure out what the customers did with the bears. Eat them? I was there as a friend of Tommy and for some reason was procuring one of these bears for myself. Although I can't remember, from the dream, what I intended to do with. So I guess I'll give it to Tao for his number collection. heheh.

(Evidently a legend of a hairless bear is one of the oldest legends of the Delaware indian tribe. That's what you get when you google dream images, lol.)

Comments

  1. A hairless bear eh? Now between that and Tao's numbers, I am getting really puzzled, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Beans said those Hairless Bears are called PIGS. And I say...skip the cd...take more fish oil. And oh yeah, one more very important thing...don't have too many lucid dreams during one short time span..ie a week. you will begin to run out of color, and the world will start seeming duller.

    Of course, you probably knew that, its kind of basic, like...don't let the smoke out of an electronic device or it won't work anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ps..i've got replacement smoke for sale...(it hasn't been moving too good so theres plenty on hand)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They looked more like big rats. But meaner. And I'll have you know some of that smoke just leaks out of those electric devices, like coffee pots, if they don't like the way you wired them either. Touchy little suckers.

    Sure wish I knew about that replacement smoke though, then Marbella wouldn't have needed a new appliance. I might have needed a replacement "boom" too though, it made a mighty sqauwk about the time the smoke left. Seemed to have a couple of things wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for all the good laughs and fun we have all enjoyed with the demise of certain electrical appliances. I am just thankful that the hedge clippers didn't take you with them when the cord got sawed into and they bit the dust hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment