Mini-SOC

Erg. Must. Start. Coffee.

Wow, sore. Wonder if I can get up to 40 reps this week, though? What did that dream mean anyway? Forgot it now, need to write these down before I get up. Brighteyes and I snuck out at 2:00am last night to hit Denny's for pie; went to bed around 3:30. Before bed, I dinked around with a USB cable from my camera and plugged it into my cell phone for kicks. It worked! Not even a hint of smoke, cool. So I can change all the ring tones and wallpapers and stuff without having to buy them from t-mobile, sweet. Hmmm, it also runs Java apps? Spent about 30 minutes before I drifted off thinking about what kind of games would be fun to run on a cellphone? Came up with a few candidates.

The more modern phones these days come with GPS chips; started brainstorming these urban assassin/zombie/body-snatcher type games where a circle of friends/classmates/etc either casually, or in some competition, would try to get the jump on each other. The program would know by the GPS when you were in range for a tag (say 10 feet) and you'd press the button on your phone which would fire some laser sound and your poor victims phone would sound off like an explosion or a space invader shattering. Of course, if they saw you first and pushed their fire button, you'd be the one evaporated. Kills/tags for the day would be displayed on the web using a Google map mash-up so you can see the victims, assassination spots and high scorers for the day. Another idea doesn't require GPS and I'm dinking with it this week, but don't want to hex the outcome. Then started my work related thoughts and activities, which would make no sense at all ...

Comments

  1. good flow, thanks for letting me share the moment!! heck, fix an online thingy so parents can gps locate their kids when they supposedly are calling in from the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ger has a good idea, get busy before our cub gets to the driving age. I have a feeling we will need GPS, FBI, CIA and any other initials you can think of to help us keep her corraled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lead me to the pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pie idea best... think I'll call it "Pie in the Sky"; I can trip it to vibrate anytime a place that sells pie is within 1/2 mile and when you flip it open it will give you a little homing signal to zero in on; how about that? (Then I'll sell advertising to pie vendors to participate in my pie network and the coupons for pie discounts will display right in your phone)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess those 40 reps wore you out too bad to write anymore. Pity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment