Ice Skillz

So I was sipping some wine and playing on the computer, outside people were talking, it was about 12:30am and I figured some kids were rendezvousing between parties. Glanced out and saw a group of teens and a couple of cars. 45 minutes later they were still at it; looking more closely this time, it seemed a bunch of them were sitting on the back of one car while the driver was spinning in the ice. Noobs. So, I grabbed my jacket and put on some shoes.

"You guys stuck?"
"Yeah. This is not working. We started back there an hour ago!" pointing about 15' back to the intersection.

They all tried pushing again from the front while the tires spun.

"OK, let's rock it." I showed them how to push then let it rock back then push again. The car backed out several feet now.

"Alright, what gear you have it in, first?"
"Yeah"
"K, put it in second. Now lets rock from the back"

Car fish-tailed, almost side-swiping a neighbor's car, then straightened and cruised down about 15 feet to a patch of dry.

"Nooo, don't stop" we all said. But he was on a dry patch now so prospects looked good.

"Man, can I give you guys anything, you were out here almost an hour!" the newly unstuck driver said.
"I want some candy", a girl said.
"Good luck", I waved and went back to my business. I guess you pick up a few things living here for so long. And now they know all my tricks.

Comments