52 Proven Stress Reducers

A nice list from Texas Women's University.

Some of my favorites:
  • Turn "needs" into preferences. Our basic physical needs translate into food, water, and keeping warm. Everything else is a preference. Don't get attached to preferences.
  • Writing your thoughts and feelings down (in a journal, or on paper to be thrown away) can help you clarify things and can give you a renewed perspective. (The one Ger-beans and I use for this is The Journal, which I highly recommend.)
  • Every day, do something you really enjoy.
  • Focus on understanding rather than on being understood; on loving rather than on being loved.
  • Do one thing at a time. When you are with someone, be with that person and with no one or nothing else. When you are busy with a project, concentrate on doing that project and forget about everything else you have to do.
  • Have a forgiving view of events and people. Accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world.
  • Have an optimistic view of the world. Believe that most people are doing the best they can.


One my my best stress-busters is listening to music. Some songs that make me happy. Crank your speakers up and click the little play icons below and see if you don't feel lighter. (Sorry, had to remove those suckers, was causing the blog page to go bonkers.)

Comments

  1. Very realistic list for stress relief. I am working daily on methods that work for me and am finally seeing some progress believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment