Improvements

Thinking back on various points of life, there were always obstacles, always areas of myself that I wanted to improve, resources I felt important to pursue. A map I toyed with at times laid out the geography as the 20's as an age of desire, the 30's of expedience and the 40's of judgment. Some touch-points lined up with this, but it was always more textured. Fueled by a couple of slugs of espresso, and stimulated by another blogger exploring this, I thought about my list, for this snapshot in time. What did I feel were important destinations from where I stood today? No earth shattering wisdom or insight here, just a little personal inventory of things that came up as significant for me and the mile-markers on my own journey.
  • Smile at strangers
  • Listen more than talking
  • Judge less, criticize less
  • Spend more time doing stuff and less time thinking about doing stuff
  • Listen to more music
  • Do more important stuff, less urgent stuff
  • Remember daily that we're not here forever. Not those I care about. Not me.
  • Don't get trapped in my routines
  • Play more
  • Dance more. Sing off key. Loudly.
  • Laugh more
  • Make Bright-eyes laugh
  • Keep in mind the 20% that makes 80% of the difference
  • Fan the embers of wonder, passed over in the tick-tock world, back into flames
  • Go deeper
  • Less is more
  • Organize my worldly affairs so they take less time, less thought, less energy and work on autopilot.
  • Get out of my comfort zones more
  • Get rid of more baggage, physical, emotional, mental
  • Flow more
  • Live more magically, less rationally :-)
  • Think more with my heart. And center.
  • Tell more stories, write more poetry, create more art
  • Spend more time in nature
  • Mathematics
  • Start refreshing my Japanese
  • More exploration of Visual Thinking
  • Improve my grammar and writing
  • Dreams
Maybe I'll be around to look at it in a few years and see how I've done and where I'm at then. And if yer yawning at all that weird introspective stuff... check out this COOL web site for something completely different. I've never seen a web designed quite this way. Kudos!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops.

    "and that's why you have K on the team..."

    -coworker of K's

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment