Trespassing

I'm in a hotel. I drove here with a rented car, that looks like a car from an old get-away chase game one of us had long ago. Bright-eyes had to take a picture of it before I left, it was so odd. Its license plates say Oklahoma. Maybe I will get a copy from her and post it someday. Every evening, since my arrival, an angry thunderstorm sweeps the sky, throws bolts of lightning and growls for a couple of hours while it dumps sheets of water. Late tonight, when it was not raining, I took a short walkabout and came upon a curious sign. Drawn by a rushing sound, I discovered a fence where a parking lot ended, about 20 yards from the freeway. Between fence and freeway runs a drainage ditch, transformed into a stream by rain. Wired several places on the fence, guarding the ditch and claiming the 20 yard strip to the freeway, was a sign: No Trespassing. This is a U.S. Air Force Installation. Anyone caught trespassing with be detained and searched.

Comments