On An Ordinary Day

DA = Dental Assistant
K = Innocent bystander

DA: "Well, hello stranger"
K: "Hi, I'm here for some x-rays I need for tomorrow."
DA: "I know why you're here, but we only see you like, what, once every 2 years?"
K: "Don't feel bad, I haven't seen a doctor in 25 years."
DA: "So we should feel special huh?"
K: "Yep, you're on my frequent visitor program. But I'll be in when things settle down to get back on track."
DA: "So how old are you?"
K: mumbles something
DA: "You better go to a doctor, in a few years is when people really need to be checked."
K: "I'm not planning on hanging around forever. So whatever."

DA fiddles with wing-nuts and hairdryer looking x-ray thing. Runs into next room to tattle to Doc who is working on someone else.

DA: "OK, done with this, but Doc says if he sees anything on these he's going to call you."
K: "Fine. Aren't you going to do that whirly thing that goes all around the head?"
DA: "Yes, but you need to do something first."
K: "What?"
DA: "You need to take that metal plate out of your head."
K: "Sorry, can't. It's protecting me from alien mind control."
DA: "Well, alright. I see you don't have any tongue piercings."
K: "Nope, left them at home."

DA: "Alright, all done, it will be about 15 minutes."
K: "OK"

I notice they still have the little stuffed beaver in the waiting room we gave them years ago when they treated our great nephew visiting from Japan for free.

Comments

  1. Don't let em even look under that plate...thats all it would take, just a momentary removal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you got me worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally off topic, but I finally got my blog started! http://thecatdance.blogspot.com

    :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment