Write a Novel. In a month...

Every year I've been tempted by this, I think the time is ripe. I've joined the NanoWriMo "contest" starting November 1. The goal is to write a 175 page novel by the end of the month. A quote from their FAQ:

"Art for art's sake does wonderful things to you. It makes you laugh. It makes you cry. It makes you want to take naps and go places wearing funny pants. Doing something just for the hell of it is a wonderful antidote to all the chores and "must-dos" of daily life. Writing a novel in a month is both exhilarating and stupid, and we would all do well to invite a little more spontaneous stupidity into our lives."

I'll put the word-count widget up on the sidebar here in November to keep the pressure on :-)

To understand the spirit of this thing, and for a pretty good read in itself, check out No Plot, No Problem.

Comments

  1. ok i'm tempted...if i can finish my current project and be launching it in October, that might be ripe for project 2..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, I wouldn't call this a project per se, it's more like a workout. The secret is low expectations :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment