Social Postits

Well this was cool. I was researching the "Nook" a bit more (an e-reader from Barnes and Noble.) What I was curious about was whether it supported PDFs and how. That was a major limitation of the Kindle. I have about, oh 2000+ PDF books I'd like to move over.

In the product comparisons I noticed the little highlight indicator of the software I discussed below (diigo) which allows people to put "postits" on a web site and share them with friends or the world.

So I hovered the mouse over those and got a pop-out of some good information about that particular detail and how it was implemented that wasn't provided or approved by the official site. In fact, they have no clue those postits are even there.

Now here is this whole other layer of the web superimposed on the first layer. One of annotation and commentary that can span the public at large, related groups and affiliations or just a single user, making a note for themselves about something when they revisit the page in the future.

Comments