Best Wine Ever. Dang it.

Got back from a party at an affluent acquaintance's penthouse downtown. The affluent part plays a factor in the story. Had a great time and was very impressed with a particular bottle of wine. One of about 4 or 5 I think we went through. They were all good, but this particular one had a nice smokey, rich flavor that was just outstanding. Probably the best red wine I've ever tasted. It was a Barbaresco from Northern Italy. So on the way back home we stopped by the liquor store and I wended my way through the isles of spanish, portugese, chilean imports until I got to the large italian section, and sure enough, spotted the very label we had that evening. I started to grab one or two when I noticed the price tag ---holy crap, $65! I put it back reluctantly. Time to get busy on some projects and maybe something I can look forward to in the future. In the meantime, I grabbed a porter from a local micro-brewery. It'll have to do :-)

Comments

  1. I dunno, I think I would actually prefer that porter - especially from the micro-breweries around there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment