Tigger was on to something

Bouncing is good for us. Even without a springy tail.

This month I've had to pause my normal workout, I was forced to find something to retain my conditioning for the month without my usual routines. I also needed to do some activity every 2 hours or so.

And that's when I rediscovered the joys of the mini trampoline.

Every couple of hours, I head upstairs to a room with our mini tramp and walk, pulse, jog, dance, jump or do happy feet for 10 minutes. It's awesome.

No, it's more than awesome, it's surreal. I've ensconced it into an environment with a timer, a red light lamp, a pair of powered PC speakers and an mp3 player. Now I just put on a little rhythm on the playlists, some Brent Lewis for example:



And picture this: a room glowing red like a primordial cave, the pulse of the drum, a body in arcs of weightlessness, hitting 1.5 to 3 G-force on the way down and effectively floating at the peak. This strengthens every cell and tissue of the body subjected to the force with incredible benefits. But did I mention how fun it is? The timer goes off silently with a red lit strobe of its own when the 10 minutes is up and returning to projects is like coming back through a portal from another world. I recommend it highly. It's the next best thing to having a private bouncy-castle room.

"Er, jump? Tiggers don't jump, they bounce." -Tigger

Comments