New Years 2014 - Digging Just the Right Sized Holes

was reading an article about choosing a "theme" for the new year instead of a set of resolutions, and also watching an Udemy course exploring Ben Franklin's thought that instead of doing the 30 days to make a new habit stuff, take a path requiring minimal will by picking 13 virtues, one per week to focus on, which cycles 4 times during the year. I liked parts of both of these and derived the following...

Weekly missions of focus on one thing, but without much planning in advance. So I have the day to day of my own routines and following my established goals (like the 12 projects), but each week will also have a particular in-depth focus that's completely independent of routines and long term goals...this beats both the superficial scattering or the long boring lock-in in favor of something completed in a week. It will be the most interesting dive I can think of doing in that span. And without predicting, week to week, what this will be, I'm having fun already :)

January 5 - current self to past self addendum -
Who ARE you anyway? And why are you signing all these contracts for me??

Comments