A New Fort

I've been planning to explore another country. I've taken some reconnaissance trips and enjoyed what I've seen. I think I'll be commuting soon. I'm not talking about Ecuador. Although sometimes the outer reflects the inner. And vice-versa. Nope. I'm talking about a place inside.

Or at least, it feels like I'm going inside to get there. I suspect it might connect to outside in some strange ways but dividing experience into inside and outside is problematic anyway.

Once in this place, awareness of the body starts to fade. I may forget what position my arm or leg is in. I feel a sort of "condensation" or focus of my awareness from a little outside my head, behind me. And I repeat a mantra I learned long ago: "mind awake, body asleep" and the body starts to fall more and more away.

My vision is only of blackness at first. I start thinking of scenes in a loose way, things I like to see. Nature, space, forms, colors. Not in any specific way though, just kind of wishing I could see something I like.

And images will start to appear, they actually help me to calibrate and enter this space more completely. At first they are vague, unclear, the may persist for a second, I don't try to force them and don't pay particular attention to their efforts, just noticing, waiting for something more substantial. And it will come, in a flash. Completely vivid and real. For a second. And I don't hang on. Just wait and sink. Making sure I don't slip in unconsciousness. Then imagery comes stronger, longer. And I have entered the country I spoke of in the beginning. From there I can ask questions, seek friendships and communication, directly with my subconscious mind. And this place, I want to make my fort. Between worlds.

Comments